Overzealous Prosecutors

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

2008 in Film

In the spirit of discussing new movies with new casts, I will choose my favorite franchise *OTHER than Star Trek of course*, Batman, and give an update on the progress of The Dark Knight, due out July 18, 2008.


The only casting decision better than casting Tim Cruz as Sargeant Skywalker in the new Star Trek is Heath Ledger as the Joker. The Aussie is proving to give, according to co-stars Michael Caine and Christian Bale, a phenomenal and creepy performance. With Christopher Nolan (from Disco's favorite movie The Prestige and Memento) at the helm, who knows what we're in for... all I know is that Batman will not upset us. If the Oscar-nominated gay cowboy can pull off Brokeback, I'm sure he can pull off playing a homicidal maniac. Based upon the quality of it's predecessor, Batman Begins, the Nolan style, and a cast of Christian Bale, Heath Ledger, Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, Morgan Freeman, and Aaron Eckhart, we are all in for a treat come Summer 08. You can check out a flashy teaser trailer here: http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=15813
I'm sure those of you who saw Transformers in theatres were intrigued by the preview of the new sci-fi flick on the way simply titled 1-18-08. www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/11808/. The geeks of the world have been speculating about monsters and what-not, but the current JJ Abrams project is as much a mystery as the reason why Kelly Clarkson is famous. Looks exciting.
Also on tap for the Summer of 2008:
Indiana Jones 4, starring Harrison Ford reprising his classic role, and the annoying kid from Disturbia (probably as his son). Iron Man, the story of an alcoholic superhero clad in iron, starring Robert Downey Jr in the title role. The Incredible Hulk, the sequel/franchise reboot of 2003's flop "Hulk," starring Edward Norton in the title role and the oft-interesting Tim Roth as the villain. Of course we will all be waiting and anticipating The Dark Knight... I'll have my advance sale IMAX ticket as soon as possible.
NOTE: Admiral, create a poll to see what upcoming movie the OPs anticipate most...
P.S. Plenty of Mitt Romney propaganda posts on the way...

3 Comments:

  • I don't know where to begin on this, but let me say that Pavel Chekov has just been cast for the new ST movie, some woman from an old Indy film is now in Indy 4, and... I watched the Dark Knight trailer........... I'm not sold. I'm really not sold.

    But I am looking forward to some serious Mitt Romney propaganda action and yes, we will begin the polling process for upcoming movies along with the football rankings. Expect a surge for Star Trek some time next year.

    By Blogger Admiral, at 1:37 PM  

  • This trailer is not a big selling point. It's more of an announcement than anything else. Good things will be happening very soon with this movie though, I promise you that.

    By Blogger DesertFox, at 1:47 PM  

  • Oh I have several things to contribute here.

    1)Heath Ledger sucks
    2) Is Morgan Freeman narrating??
    3) My sources at SCAD tell me that 1-18-08 is Godzilla. So that tells us that it definitely cannot be that.
    4) The annoying kid from disturbia should be called Lewis Stevens, from his role as the annoying kid from the Disney Channel classic Even Stevens.

    By Blogger Disco, at 7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home