Overzealous Prosecutors

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Overzealous Reagan & Gator Notes

No, loyal readers, I cannot answer as to why no one will post on this blog. But I shall try my best.

First: I'd like to give a shout out to RedLetterHistory, associate OP Matthew McCluskey, who now fights on for our overzealous causes at Harvard. His AIM profile contains this quote: I miss those eight years of pure GENIUS. Read the quotes and yearn for the glory days of a President who could sell a good idea. Unfortunately, we have a President who probably couldn't sell Will & Grace at this point, and we all know how ridiculously overrated that show is.

Second: I do like Urban Meyer. He's exactly the right coach for this program-- assuming that Steve Spurrier isn't available. Contrary to what some people will say, such as associate OP Marla DeVicente, Steve's chances of returning to UF were completely and utterly foreclosed by Bernie Machen and Jeremy Foley. Their administration degrades on a daily basis-- the decisions on 'binge drinking' and 'Kanye cartoon' come to mind.

Third: Steve Spurrier did better against Alabama than Urban Meyer did, and with far less talent, and infinitely less strength and speed. With his will alone, Spurrier scored two touchdowns against Shula's Tuscaloosa monstrosity-- which will now surely go to the National Championship game assuming we can't stop them in the SEC Championship... although the assumption is flawed and we can stop them there. This is the first time since 1992, I believe, that UF has not scored a touchdown in a game. Even Ron Zook could not accomplish this feat.

Fourth: I speak for all the OPers when I say that we resolutely stand behind Urban Meyer, but urge him to become more creative on offense and stretching the field. We don't know what we're going to do about Chris Leak yet, but our receivers are of the HIGHEST caliber-- truly spectacular athletes and people who I believe can carry us yet to great victory this year.

1 Comments:

  • First of all... does anyone on this blog even want to sell Will and Grace? It's a dreadful show.

    Second, I didn't post my call in the last game b/c your AIM profile implied you were gonna rip someone a new one. 24 hours later...

    By Blogger Red Hat, at 8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home