Overzealous Prosecutors

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Overzealous Law School Republicans

At the first meeting of the semester, we found out that our President is resigning. The Vice President moved up to take her place and we needed an election to fill that spot. Four well qualified candidates declared.

I got elected Vice President, thanks to a lot of old Republican friends around the law school: Diego Madrigal, Jon Kaskel, Matthew Klein, Molly Cox, Arturo Armand, and Ronny Edwards. My speech probably can't be credited with getting me votes, but it consisted of recollections on the campaign trail, such as getting great chants going like "Hall-i-bur-ton" clap, clap, clapclapclap.

I got to meet some new people in the club and the turnout was very good for the LSRs. Hopefully we can keep this momentum. We'll have refreshments at the next meeting.

My intention is to overcome the financial gap between us and the LSDs (appropriately acronymed [yes this is a noun becoming a verb, an extraordinarily common practice in English]) and to have a lot more fun than last year. I'd also like to work together with the College Republicans on activities because the CRs are a terrific club.

4 Comments:

  • Does this mean we can expect you to come to even fewer UES meetings?

    By Blogger Red Hat, at 8:20 PM  

  • I stand by the President.

    By Blogger Admiral, at 8:38 PM  

  • Hi Christian - I'm not normally in the habit of looking at the AIM profiles/blogs of people I've long since lost contact with, but I happened to do so tonite, and was struck with a very old memory that I had to see if you remember! You probably remember the one, from an election speech on the morning news at Union Park Middle School - I'm thinking it was probably Student Coucil President or something like it. I won't repeat it here, because obviously you're doing very well for yourself and it might be seen as embarassing. But I hope that your friends will ask you about it, you'll share it, and you can all have a good laugh. =)

    I've been reconnecting with a lot of people recently, and I'd love to know how you're doing / where you're going to Law School at! I'm living near Seattle with my husband, who's a Lieutenant JG on the USS Alaska. Oh wait, I just remembered that you knew my husband at Edgewater HS...Forrest Cunningham. We were finally married in April 04, and moved out here from Charleston, SC, last February.

    Jon Rios is coming to visit me this weekend, he's living in Columbus, OH, and doing well. I don't talk to Stacy or Eddie much anymore, I know Eddie was going to UF, but haven't talked to him in probably 2 years - since I graduated in Dec 03. I saw Stacy about 2 years ago at a band-like event in Orlando, but only for a few minutes. I heard that Brian Williams is working for a Republican Congressman in Washington, DC. I figured that would make you proud. =) Anyways, email me if you'd like: beckilinn_7@yahoo.com. It'll be good to heard from you.

    Take care, Becky

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:04 AM  

  • If Becky doesn't say anything about the infamous UPMS student president speech then I will (pharaphrased at least).

    "I promise that all the bathrooms in this school will be clean and the toilets flushed"

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home