Overzealous Prosecutors

Monday, September 12, 2005

Overzealous Recitals and Symphonies

I would like to pass on my respects to the 20 NHL fans remaining who feel the passing of Mario Messier Gretsker, who apparently has decided to focus on tennis after his victory over Andre Agassi in the New Jersey Open final.

On to the more pressing issues of the day: we do not have nearly enough people going to see completely free and open to the public performances by individuals and bands/symphonies/orchestras at the University of Florida. We actually have events all the time in the University Auditorium, usually at 2130 hours, and I am disappointed to say that not many people go.

On any given night, you can get a healthy helping of piano, trombone, or clarinet. Perhaps you will find the Wind Symphony playing or some Orchestra thing (you can see I do music terminology very well).

I encourage the loyal OP readership to check out our College of Fine Arts website which has a schedule for more information.

We have all kinds of crazy stuff coming up. 9/13 Electric Opera in University Auditorium 2130, 9/18 piano recital UA 1600 hours, 9/18 trombone UA 2130 hours, 9/19 something at Phillips Center, 9/28 Wind Symphony UA, 10/5 UF Symphonic Band, 10/6 UF Orchestra, 10/10 Clarinet UA, and so on. Don't TOO many of you go, because I like my selection of seats.

1 Comments:

  • I would, Miss Pundette, but my finance exam calls.

    By Blogger Red Hat, at 1:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home