Overzealous Prosecutors

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Overzealous thoughts

Apparently Rosa Parks died today. I had no idea she was still alive. Anyway, I think she was overrated.

ALSO....

Today marks the one year anniversary that the University of Florida was rid of the curse that is Ron Zook. Rejoice for we do not have to put up with this:

"We can do what we need to do, we just have to do it when we need to do it."

"Throwing the ball downfield? I'm not sure if that means throwing it long or throwing it deep."

Following a loss to Ole Miss that featured a game plan to run the football against a defense that was torched for over 500 yards passing the previous week: "We thought they thought we would try to pass it."

''I don't know what to tell you, I know what we're doing works. Obviously, it's not working out there, but like I told our football team: We're not going to stop. We're going to keep coaching, we're going to keep pushing, we're going to keep pressing."

"I know we are close. We have a long way to go, but we are close."

"There's really not a whole lot you can say," said Illini coach Ron Zook after watching his team's losing streak reach five games. "We're going to keep pushing and squeezing and turning. I know there were some good things out there tonight. We've got to keep going."

"Rex was open"- On Vernell Brown's pass attempt in the Outback bowl

"I am not Steve Spurrier."

WE SHOULDV'E BROUGHT BACK SPURRIER!!! FIRE FOLEY!!! FIRE MACHEN!!!

7 Comments:

  • This seems barely overzealous enough. I appreciate your understated defense of all that is Good and Holy in football.

    And may the Great Bird of the Galaxy bless Rosa Parks.

    By Blogger Admiral, at 3:04 AM  

  • May the Great Pink Pixy in the sky watch over her. Overrated or not, may she rest in peace.

    And look, Machen's not going anywhere, and Spurrier is gone. I repeat: SPURRIER IS GONE. Live with it; get over it. Move. On. That, or transfer to South Carolina and be done with it. This is simply ridiculous and rather tiresome.

    By Blogger monocrat, at 10:22 AM  

  • That said, the Zook quotes were fairly amusing.

    By Blogger monocrat, at 10:23 AM  

  • Great Bird? Great Pink Pixy?

    Some people have been on the power hour too long.

    By Blogger Red Hat, at 7:45 PM  

  • In light of Monocrat's comment, I think that we should rename OP as Overzealous Spurrier and rededicate our mission.

    By Blogger Admiral, at 3:25 AM  

  • In light of my being one of your main readers, were I you I would hesitate to do so, Admiral. :)

    By Blogger monocrat, at 11:56 AM  

  • "Rosa Parks didnt do nothing but sit her black ass on a bus" - Cedrick the Entertainer

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home