Overzealous Prosecutors

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Overzealous Bobby Fischer

So I was thinking about my away message, which I took from Searching for Bobby Fischer some five years ago, and decided to look up what happened to Bobby Fischer. Last I had heard he was in Japan about to be extradited to the United States.

Charles Krauthammer did a column on him. Apparently he's in Iceland. Perhaps this is the completion we were warned about by Han Qing-jao. I hope so. Here's more:

Bobby Fischer is back in Iceland, and that is as it should be. Fischer put Iceland on the map for the first time since the Vikings happened by. And Iceland put Fischer on the map, providing the venue for his greatest triumph, the 1972 world chess championship. That was before he fell off a psychic cliff

Another interesting note is that OP's good friend Natan Sharansky, who autographed two books for yours truly recently, played Kasparov to a draw. Wow. I guess when you've got time on your hands in those gulags...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home