Overzealous Prosecutors

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Overzealous Emmy Awards

WILLIAM SHATNER PERFORMS TONIGHT.

Get excited! As part of Emmy Idol, the ubiquitous William Shatner will lend his considerable vocal talent to the Star Trek theme song. I am not sure whether he will just do his Captain's lines ("Space... the final frontier... these are the voyages... ... to boldly go where no man has gone before!") or whether he'll do the lyrics Gene Roddenberry wrote for the actual theme song:

Beyond the rim of the starlight
My love is wandering in starflight
I know he'll find in star clustered reaches
Love, strange love a star woman teaches
I know his journey ends never
His star trek will go on forever
But tell him while he wanders his starry sea
Remember, remember me.

Perhaps he'll do both. To celebrate the occasion, the L.A. Times has a wonderful article (reg req'd I think) on Bill with candid remarks by Candice Bergen, James Spader, and David E. Kelley. You will get a great sense of the man.

So let's cross our fingers he gets that well-deserved Emmy Award for Best Supporting Actor on Boston Legal, an underrated and underappreciated show.

3 Comments:

  • He won, so I can expect a montage of his work to appear on the blog any day now.

    By Blogger Red Hat, at 11:47 PM  

  • How did I know this would be here?

    By Blogger monocrat, at 1:17 PM  

  • a has been can be...again

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home