Overzealous Prosecutors

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Overzealous Nick Anderson

There's a competition on YouTube for most overzealous Orlando Magic fan, and it brings to mind my youthful vigor in watching every Magic game on Sunshine Network with my good friends Chip Caray and Goose Givens. Those were the days. But I thought I would share with you some memories of the last of the original Magic team that included such greats as Morlon Wiley, Sam Vincent, and Mark Acres (the butt of far too many jokes):



And of course, the most memorable Nick Anderson moment of all:



According to Wikipedia, "At the end of the first game of the series, Orlando's Nick Anderson commented that "He didn't look like the old Michael Jordan,"[43] after which Jordan returned to wearing his old number (23)." Also according to Wikipedia, "Anderson is now retired from basketball, but recently accepted a job with the Magic in the community relations department."

I used to think Nick Anderson was the only dependable player on the Magic. His 6'6" standup poster in my room, my brother's room, and all my neighbors' rooms seemed to prove he also a dependable friend. Thank you Nick Anderson.

1 Comments:

  • That is some kind of amazing, I have the same poster and same zeal for Nick's successful career. I would be happy to share my extensive collection of Nick Anderson autographs and other collectibles some time.

    By Blogger DesertFox, at 1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home